SPRITZER natural mineral water revealed more than double advantage
of Spritzer’s Silicon as Bioactive Silicon content to the elite brands.
BRAIN – NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS (ALZHEIMER)
- Aluminum toxicity may be involved in pathology of Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological disorders.
- Aluminum affected cognitive impairment when Si was low in the drinking water and when Si was high, it provided a protective effect.
- Si was found to prevent the accumulation of aluminium in brain. It is believed that Si bonds with aluminium in food and beverages, thereby reducing the gastrointestinal absorption of aluminium.
BONE – OSTEOPOROSIS
- Higher dietary Si intake increased Bone Mineral Density (BMD) at the hip sites.
- Dietary Si in combination with Ca promotes bone formation and inhibits osteoclast mediated bone resorption.
- Si in combination with Ca acts as a regulating factor in bone mineralization.
- Si stimulates DNA synthesis in osteoblast like bone forming cells.
- Si increased synthesis of collagen, the fibrous protein which is essential for the flexibility of the bone.
CONNECTIVE TISSUE & JOINTS – ARTHRITIS
- Si shown to be essential for the formation of articular cartilage.
- Si is a cross-linking agent in the glycoaaminoglycans (GAG) network which attracts and hold water in the joint.
- Dietary Si increases the specific enzyme, prolylhydroxylase required for synthesis of Collagen.
HEART – ARTHEROSCLEROSIS
- High levels of Si in aortic tissue. Levels decrease with normal ageing (as with all connective tissues).
- Tissue Si levels decrease with disease progression.
- High fiber diets (associated with high Si levels) prevent cholesterol deposition.
- High Si levels in drinking water reduce number of deaths due to coronary heart disease (Schwarz et al, Lancet 1977). They proposed that a lack of Si in the diet and drinking water contribute to the aetiology of disease and high/excess dietary Si inhibits its development.
- In animal studies, intravenous/oral administration of Si reduces the formation of cholesterol plagues and permeability of cell wall.
- Mechanism: Silicon (Si) stimulates synthesis of connective tissue such as heparin sulphate.
SKIN, HAIR, NAILS – BEAUTY & ANTI-AGING
- Dietary Si important for optimal collagen synthesis.
- Si is crucial for activating the hydroxylation enzymes for cross linking collagen, which improves the strength and elasticity of this fibrous protein. Better collagen means better skin, more elasticity and fewer wrinkles.
- The outer shaft of hair, that provides elasticity and strength, is rich in Si. Hair with higher Si content tends to fall out less and has more shine and luster.
- Si is one of the predominant minerals in nails. A sign that Si may be systematically deficient is brittle and soft nails.
- Si improves nail quality which results in a better protection against nail infection.